I got nominated for first tag ever – Be Unapologetically You Tag! Thank you, Mummy conquering anxiety! Firstly I am sorry it took me so long – Covid got me and I have been out over a week. But back now and optimistic, getting back on track – so first thing will be this tag.
Being unapologetically you is all about sharing the things that make you happy and help you become a better person. Never be afraid to be you.
Izzy Matias started the Be Unapologetically You blogging tag. It’s a celebration of what you love without being shy or ashamed about it!
How does the tag work?
Be Unapologetically You Tag Rules:
1. Use the Be Unapologetically You banner in your post. It can be your featured image or not. It’s totally up to you.
2. Include the link to this blogging tag (https://www.izzymatias.com/be-unapologetically-you) in your post.
3. Answer the 7 questions in this tag.
4. Nominate between 5-10 bloggers, link to their blogs, and tag them on social media to notify them.
5. Most of all, have fun!
Reminder: you don’t need to include the “Be Unapologetically You Tag” in your blog post title if you don’t want to.
Be Unapologetically You Questions:
- Introduce yourself and your blog while sharing one trivia about you that not that many people know.
- What topics do you love geeking out about that you would say are topics that give you bliss?
- Do you blog about them? Why or why not? If not, would you like to blog about them one time?
- Would you say that you are living life by being unapologetically you? Why or why not? If not, what would your life look like if you were unafraid to share more about the things that make you happy?
- Permission to geek out & be unapologetically you: share with us one thing you fangirl or fanboy over and how you became a fan of it. It can be anything. Your love for soy candles, your favorite food, a boy band or an underrated film.
- What do you love the most about being a fan?
- Share a fun or unforgettable fan experience.
Introduce yourself and your blog while sharing one trivia about you that not that many people know.
I am a country girl stuck at a big-city job, who decided it is the “last” time to start changes that could lead to the life I want to live. Do the job I like and enjoy privileges to choose my work hours and place. Do something that has an impact on something.
At the moment I have two jobs – full-time and half-time – so I am at work ˜250 hours per month. This lead to starting current blog 6 months ago with a hope to start earning extra income. My first goal is to earn enough to quit my second job and long term goal to have enough income I would dare to start my company/freelancing. I have a wide set of skills from different jobs so I could do many things.
What topics do you love geeking out about that you would say are topics that give you bliss?
Though one. I think I am kind of a victim of childhood trauma 🙂 One of my favourite childhood show was about a wolf who had 9 jobs. This has resulted that I have several different hobbies and interests from where is hard to pick a favourite. I love cooking new and meals/cakes, decorating cakes (I can endlessly watch decorating videos), I enjoy knitting, reading and writing (obviously!), I like designing advertisements, product photos, taking pictures of nature. And I love teaching or advising people on subjects I know – and there are many even if I say so myself.
Do you blog about them? Why or why not? If not, would you like to blog about them one time?
I haven’t blog about lot of my hobbies or expertise yet, but I am just starting – give me time! I will figure out a ratio of useful posts and my hobbies posts. Since one of my love is advising others then I guess kind of all my posts are reflecting this in some degree. Maybe not this one 🙂
Would you say that you are living life by being unapologetically you? Why or why not? If not, what would your life look like if you were unafraid to share more about the things that make you happy?
Not yet. I worry too much about other people opinions of me or seeming too egoistic. I have mastered overthinking skills which don’t help. And the over criticising tone of our society doesn’t help. I am working on this, building my confidence and prioritizing myself and my happiness. It is a challenging task, but I am sure worth it in the end.
Permission to geek out & be unapologetically you:
share with us one thing you fangirl or fanboy over and how you became a fan of it. It can be anything. Your love for soy candles, your favorite food, a boy band or an underrated film.
This is though one! How am I supposed to pick one? Maybe cooking shows? My Kitchen Rules was the first one – I think I have watched all seasons I have reached, Pete and Manu are a great duo for judging food. I love when they disagree 🙂 And then Masterchef – Gordon Ramsey. I know many don’t like him because he curses a lot and may say mean things. But I like him, all of his shows although after Kitchen Nightmares I was a bit afraid to eat out…
What do you love the most about being a fan?
It gives my mind a rest. Probably only time my overthinking shuts down is when I watch or do something I love. I can stay up all night decorating a birthday cake and not thinking about anything else. Or watch other people cook and being yelled by Gordon. I have to admit, sometimes I have joined him.
Share a fun or unforgettable fan experience.
Cooking shows and mashed potatoes – after several years I still haven’t figured out why someone would need to push mashed potatoes through sieve. I can’t. All my years of cooking I have never done it and I hate lumps in my mashed potatoes. Nevertheless mine (and my mom’s, grandmothers etc) has always been smooth and lump free. Every time after watching this hassle I do my way and wonder – why so much trouble?
I choose to nominate these wonderful bloggers because I would love to get to know them a little better.
This has been really interesting post to write a Be Unapologetically You Tag. Mainly because those aren’t things we usually think about – at least not me, but maybe I am just odd 🙂 It was kind of adventure and I am a bit sad this post took so much time, but I did it and hopefully next time I can be faster.
3 thoughts on “Be Unapologetically You Tag”
This post made me hungry – what’s for supper? I like to watch cooking shows too, sometimes for the same reason as you.
Thanks for the tag.
1. I’m Unwanted Life and I blog about invisible disabilities with a focus on mental health. What bit of trivia would be that I developed drug induce psychosis.
2. I’m not sure what topics give me bliss, but I enjoy talking about the meaning of life and the universe.
3. I don’t blog about the topics said in answer 2, but I guess it’s connected.
4. I don’t think I’d say I’m living life by being unapologetically me, as my life is a cause an effect of the abuse I went through, rather than the me I would have been if I hadn’t gone through that. But I’m not sure what my life would look like if I did, as my health issues will never go away. But I guess more goth?
5. I don’t think I’ve ever full on fan boyed, but I have a special place for the Joker and Harley Quinn.
6. Not sure what I love most about being a fan, I just find these two characters the most interesting.
7. I don’t think I have a fun or unforgettable fan experience, sorry.
You are welcome and thank you for the answers. I like Harley Quinn also – she is a fun badass 🙂